Remodeling the bathroom is one of the best ways to make a home ready for sale. Bathroom remodels are next after kitchen remodels in raising the value of your home’s sales. Bathroom Remodel near me is one of the authority sites on this topic.
Remodeling ideas for the bathroom need not be reserved for a house to be sold though. You can now enjoy a remodeling of the bathroom, and know it will be an advantage when the time comes to sell the home.
The toilets at the home are the heavy duty quarters. We are getting a lot of wear and tear, as such. They are also seen many times a day. Remodels for the bathroom can help keep your baths look good and work properly.
A toilet can be remodelled in many respects. Here are a few thoughts.
- Wall Tiles: Most contractors say 4 by 4 inch wall tiles are outdated. Replace them with ceramic tiles glazed by 8 by 13 inches. The new tiles will be appealing and will help prevent molding. They will also prevent damage to your lower walls from splashing from the faucets. Paint the upper walls as part of your bathroom remodeling and run a decorative tiling border between the lower wall tiles and the upper, painted wall.
- Floor tiles: Visible, light flooring can create an increased feeling of space. If your bathroom remodeling project is diagonally add 12 by 12 inch light-colored floor tiles, at least in part because your bathroom looks small. The lines and the color of the light will give far more space to the illusion.
- Heated floor: Consider heated flooring as part of your bathroom remodeling project before laying those floor tiles. They’ll be appreciated by your entire family and when it comes to selling your home, heated bathroom floors will be a huge selling point.
- Vanity: Use the remodelling of your bathroom as an excuse to get safe, clean lines. Replace vanity with a new type of “floating” that doesn’t touch the ground. Choose one with a countertop of granite, or marble. When you’re done, your bathroom remodeling project can prepare you to replace kitchen countertops later, if you like the granite. With one of the latest sinks in the vessel you might want a granite vanity counter.
- Faucets: Faucets are a great place to start a bathroom remodeling project, at the sink and shower. Faucets were once thought utilitarian and became stylish fixtures. You can substitute yours with antique Victorian faucets at little expense, or elegant bamboo faucets that mimic the bamboo fountain in an Asian garden.
- Toilets: Relocating a toilet can call for major remodeling of bathrooms. However, replacing it is a simpler task, and can update an old bathroom quickly. If you want to update your bath any further, consider adding a bidet. This project may require a contractor for the bathroom remodeling.
- Lighting: Much remodeling of the bathroom falls short of its goal because it allows the overhead lighting to remain. Although moisture-resistant lighting above the pool or shower can be useful, you can substitute an overhead light with wall lights to maximize your bath appeal.
- Shower: Consider adding a separate shower to your bath room, if space allows. Keep the tub in for a spa-like retreat, but also install a body spray shower. Look for a shower that has stone surround tile, if you like the natural, spa idea. This idea for the bathroom remodeling is bound to increase your home’s value.
- Colors: The easiest, and often successful, bathroom remodeling project is changing the colors in the bathroom. If remodeling the bathroom is done to increase the home value for sale, avoid unusual combinations of colours. Add the tried and true law of 60-30-10 to your colours: 60% of your bathroom should be a primary color, 30% a secondary colour, and 10% an accent colour.
There are many suggestions for bathroom remodeling, as people have many different tastes. Various locations inspire different ideas too. Remodeling of the bathroom in Seattle is expected to vary from remodeling of the bathroom in Pensacola. Many things will come to bear on remodeling ideas in your bathroom, but in the end you should create something that is peaceful and functional for you and your family.