The company that a homeowner selects for heating or air conditioning installation will have a large impact on how functional the system is. An energy efficient product that is properly installed will mean lower utility and maintenance bills over the lifetime of the unit. How can a homeowner tell if the company is a good one? Here are some tips:Learn more about us at Action Air Conditioning Installation & Heating of Temecula
– Ask your neighbors, friends and family members for a referral. Finding out about a business’s reputation by word-of-mouth referrals is a great way to determine who the experts are in your area. It’s especially helpful if someone has recently had an HVAC system installed but quality repair experiences will be telling about the quality of installations.
– Better Business Bureau is another good place to check on the technicians that you’re thinking of hiring to do the job. If there are complaints lodged against them through the BBB, it’s important to hear about this red flag before signing a service or purchase contract.
– Estimates for the job: It’s a good idea to have two or three estimates from different vendors in order to compare prices. Be sure the techs are giving the specifics of the type of HVAC unit to be installed as this can make the cost higher or lower. Compare apples to apples rather than apples to oranges. Remember that a high efficiency unit may cost a bit more initially but will save money over time.
– Research makers and brand names of air conditioning systems. It is a wise consumer who researches different brands, makes and models. The internet has many sites with consumer reviews and government sites rating efficiency. A heating and air conditioning system which bears the label “Energy Star” will be of highest quality in terms of energy efficiency.
– Technicians: When gathering estimates and speaking with techs for air conditioning installation, it’s smart to find out about their training and experience. The receptionist for the business may be able to provide this information as well. Trained techs with plenty of experience under their tool belts are extremely important. They may have received their training from a tech school, community college or while serving in the military. Formal educational programs typically last from one to two years. After the formal education has been completed, an apprenticeship under a seasoned technician is usually required for certification.
– Customer service quality can be determined by word-of-mouth referrals and observation. Observe customer service during the estimate appointments. Is the person answering the phone courteous, professional and helpful? Do the estimators show up promptly and provide written documentations? The level of quality in their customer service is a strong indicator of ethical core and strength as a company.
– Established in the community: What is the length of time this vendor has been installing HVAC units? When a company has been around for a long time, it’s usually for a good reason. They will most likely have established a firm presence in the region because of providing good quality service and products.